POSTED 8TH APRIL 2019 – The annual Spring Lunch held on 7th April 2019 at the The Barnes Hotel in Bedford for Members, families and guests was enhanced by the presence of Lyndsey Wood Fund Raising Manager for Action Medical Research. This Charity is being supported this year by our Worshipful Master and the Lodge and raised £1000.00 from the raffle, donations and auctions held at the function. A total of seventy people attended what was a very pleasant and successful afternoon.
POSTED 14TH SEPTEMBER 2018 – A Summary Of Our Charities Function from the Charity Steward & Chaplain for 2018
Bedford Castle Lodge No. 6124 are proactive and foccused on local charity.
We recently raised £500 through social events and donations, and Worshipful Master John Caves presented a cheque to Bedfordshire and Northants MS Therapy Centre in Bedford. This was gratefully received as the photo shows.
POSTED 21ST SEPTEMBER 2018 – 2017 was the tricentennial celebrations Of United Grand Lodge Of England, and The Masonic Charitable Foundation also donated:
- £25,000 to the Bedfordshires and Northants MS Therapy Centre Bedford. This will be used to refurbish the therapy pool.
- Also donated was:
£15,000 To Elizabeth Curtis Riding School in Bromham for the Disabled
£6,000 To Mid-Shires Search and Rescue
£4,000 To BRCC
- Totalling the magnificent sum of £50,000
- The Masonic Province Of Bedfordshire at the last cheque presentation donated
almost £70,000 to non-Masonic charities
- Since cheque presentations started:
- £700,000 has been donated
- The TLC Appeal Bedfordshire Freemasons have donated in excess Of 24,000 teddy bears to Luton, Dunstable and Bedford hospitals
- Members of Bedford Castle Lodge fully support A&E Departments For Children by entering the TLC Lottery Appeal
- Each Province throughout the UK has been given £5,000 to donate to their local Air Ambulance Service
- MCF donated £1,600,000 to 68 Charities in 2017
- In November 2017 an appeal was launched by The PGM, Right Worshipful Anthony P Henderson to build a purpose built Lodge with accommodation for 48 beds at Molivers Lane in Bromham. For the Scout Association as a lasting memorial to Freemasons of Bedfordshire.
- Building work will commence in 2019, and will meet all the latest specs, including being highly eco friendly. Bedford Castle Lodge No.6124 are supporting this initiative through donations and members signing up to covenants.